BCI Certified Bat Houses
Pikes Peak Market Triple Chamber Nursery Bat Houses
Our triple-chamber bat house is better than any on the market. Bats like their homes to be dark, dry, and free of drafts, yet the boards of most bat houses are simply butted against each other. We use tongue-and-groove construction to ensure our bat houses remain dark and draft free. Grooved interior surfaces allow the bats to cling to the walls. Other little improvements and innovations ensure this bat house will work well and last a long time.
We offer unfinished, dark brown, and black three chamber bat houses. Below you can find a map of the USA that recommends the bat house color appropriate for your location.
SHIPPING IS NOW INCLUDED IN THE PRICING!!!
Features of Pikes Peak Market bat houses:
- Large nursery bat house: 27-1/4 x 15-1/2 x 6-1/4 inches
- All joints are tongued and grooved, screwed, and sealed
- Interior saw cuts give bats a permanent gripping surface
- Side and front vents allow air circulation
- All Western Red Cedar construction - no plywood
- Life expectancy of 20 to 30 years
|Unfinished Bat House|
|Black Bat House|
|Dark Brown Bat House|
* Shipping price is for the continental USA.
Bat House Color Recommendations Map
1 = Black, 2 = Dark Shade, 3 & 4 = Light Shade or No Coating Needed
Unfinished Bat House: Our unfinished bat house is structurally complete yet for most parts of the country it still needs a primer coat and a top coat of either a dark shade or black. Adding a shingle or metal roof would also be beneficial since this would extend the life of the bat house.
Dark Brown Bat House: Our dark brown bat house is completed with a primer coat, a top coat of brown paint, and a shingle roof. By absorbing the sun's radiation the dark brown color keeps the bat house at the right temperature for the regions marked as number 2 on the USA map.
Black Bat House: Our black bat house is completed with a primer coat, a top coat of black paint, and a shingle roof. This bat house is intended for the northern states and mountainous regions of the country. These bat houses are without side vents and painted black to create a warmer bat house. The northern regions of the country that should order black bat houses are marked as number 1 on the USA map.
Features of Pikes Peak Market Triple Chamber Nursery Bat House
- Certified by Bat Conservation International — This is by far the most important feature of any bat house. Certified bat house have passed a rigorous ten point inspection from Bat Conservation International thus assuring that these are quality made bat houses that bats will actually find suitable for occupancy.
- Three Chambers — Bat houses that are smaller than three chambers are usually not successful in attracting the female bats that form the strong bat nursery colonies. This three chamber bat house can hold a couple hundred bats and this large group of bats is desirable for effectively clearing the majority of pesky insects from the local area.
- Entire house is made of Western Red Cedar — Western Red Cedar is a wood that is known for its ability to hold up to the weather.
- Interlocking boards — With the exception of the roof, all boards use tongue and groove construction so that they interlock together.
- Groove Interior Surfaces — All interior surfaces are grooved so as to create a permanent gripping surface for the bats. Many bat houses creating a gripping surface for the bats by stapling plastic netting to the interior boards. The problem with plastic netting is that over time the staples rust and the plastic netting deteriorates and comes loose. When this happens the bats can get entangled in the netting
- Interior Passage Holes — Holes drilled in the upper portions of the interior partitions allow the bats movement between the chambers.
- Side Vents — Dark brown bat houses and unfinished bat houses have side vents to further assist in cooling these bat houses in the warmer climates. Black bat houses do not have side vents since the black bat houses are intended for cooler climates.
- Mounting Brackets — Four mounting brackets and screws are included with the bat house. The side mounting allows full versatility in mounting the bat house. The bat house can be mounted to an exterior wall or it can be attached to two by fours mounted on a pole.